Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

I have never been a big fan of Pumpkin but recently experimented with a pumpkin muffin that is just EXCELLENT. Its so good you want to just slap yourself. Teehee!!! In other words, it is sooo good and you definitely can't tell that is Gluten or Dairy Free.  I am providing the recipe below for you to try.  Please let me know what you think?  ( I just demolished my third muffin as I type.....dangerous!!!) You could also use Sweet Potato/Yam puree and add pecans or walnuts. My kids are allergic to nuts but feel free to add on your own. 

I really believe flour will make or break any Gluten free recipe.  I have tried many and the only baking flour that I have found that works the best and eliminates the "grainy aftertaste," alot of Gluten free products share, is Bella Gluten Free. I met the creator and owner, Mary Capone, at an Allergen convention in Dallas a few months ago. She had a true heart to create a good product any person with or without allergies would love.  She provided me with some free samples to experiment with. I have not been disappointed yet.  I highly recommend using her flour if you would like a similar if not better baking product texture of regular all purpose flours. 

*Just a side note, I was not paid for this endorsement, nor have I received anything for this review.  I am just sharing my wonderful experience with her product. 




Janice's Yummy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

1 3/4 All Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
2 Lg Room temperature eggs
1 cup of Pumpkin puree (If you like Sweet Potatoes/Yams, this is great as well)
1 1/2 of Organic Sugar
1/2 cup of Enjoy Life Chocolate chips.
1/2 cup of Mediterranean Blend Oil (Canola, Olive and Grapeseed Oil- I ran out of plain Canola Oil)
1 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
1/4 cup of Agave Syrup
Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling

Yields 24 muffins

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Line your muffin pans with paper liners.

3. In a large bowl, whisk together your main dry ingredients: Flour, Baking Powder, Salt,  Sugar (leaving a little for sprinkles later) and chocolate chips.

4. In another bowl, whisk together your wet ingredients: Pumpkin Puree, Oil, eggs, Agave Syrup and Vanilla Extract.

5. Blend all of your dry and wet ingredients together.  Mix until smooth.

6.  Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pans until each cup is two-thirds full.  Sprinkle remaining sugar and confectioners on top of each muffin.

7.  Bake for 25-30 mins. I cooked my muffins for 30 minutes and they came out perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment