Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Holidays...are you having fun yet?

Hello my fellow Gluten/Casein free mommas!!! I hope everyone had a successful Thanksgiving and that you were able to keep up your lifestyle choice for your family. We had a great time with my family in Oklahoma.  My mom was pretty awesome, she had alot of our items ready so that it would be an easy transition when we arrived. I made only 3 trips to Whole foods while I was there for the week. (only for little things) It was good to feel as though I had practical options. The key to traveling with a GFCF family is to be prepared with a backup. Rule of thumb for our household: Always have a bag of snacks on hand for the kiddos. If you don't want spontaneous relatives sticking candy and cookies in your kiddos faces, have a pack of GF cookies or candy available to offer as an alternative. I tasted a really good coconut ice cream bar this past holiday that I quickly ran out to grab at the local Whole foods one evening. Another surprise that I found was these delicious Rolls by Gillian's.


I didn't have time to make any rolls, so I grabbed these in the frozen food section of Whole foods. They are Wheat, gluten and dairy free. They have no preservatives so they have to stay refrigerated.  They were awesome!!! They come in plain and cinnamon raisin. Let's just say I am addicted and have grabbed them a couple of times now. You heat them in the oven on 300 for about 5 mins and then spread some Earth's balance Vegan butter on it....Yummy!!!  How did your holiday diet go? What worked and didn't work for your family? What can you do better during the Christmas break?

So as we transition into Christmas, I have just been so busy preparing for traveling and conducting photo shoots.  My husband and I are heavily creative and artists, so we have been busy little bees taking photos and designing through our new business together, BHD Collective (its an art collective of design, photography and fine art). BHD stands for Bad Hair Day.  :-)  We thought it was a cool artistic name since we are earthy bohemian type people with WILD hair. LOL!!!!  So we had a lot of fun creating our logo below. He He! We are in the process of creating a website that will showcase our work...I will let you know when its up and ready. It will be www.bhdcollective.com. Hopefully it will be up and running by Xmas. Yay!  In the meanwhile, here are a couple playful shots of my hubby and I. Perhaps we can educate our clients on the perils of Gluten and Dairy through this Art Collective. Until my next post....stay consistent and stay away from processed foods......

Soulfully yours,

Gluten Free Momma!






No comments:

Post a Comment