Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I spent $30 for 6 people for 7 days.....

How are you doing with your kits? This week I spent $30 for produce for 3 adults, 3 kiddos for 7 days.  If you have made my kits before, you know you still have leftovers for lunches.  Here is a pic of this weeks produce:

This week's kit ingredients (aside from the grapes): 1 Butter squash, 6 bellpeppers, 7 yellow squash, 7 zucchini, 1 sweet potato, 1 pack of Baby Portabella mushrooms,  1 spaghetti squash and grapes.  I also added (not in pic, 3 small new potatoes)

As you know, always wash your veggies before you put them in the kits. I usually take a big bowl and hand wash each to make sure all residue or pesticides may be removed.  After washing, chop up your kits.


Last week, 

I made the following with my kits:

Spaghetti- Added Marinara sauce, chicken sausage, served with GF spaghetti noodles
Chicken Soup- Added Rotisserie Chicken (Picked apart), carrots, onions, chicken broth, cabbage, celery
(Made a big 7 quart pot)
Stir Fry-Added Snap peas, bean sprouts, served with rice and Vegan egg rolls
Mexican spin- served with Chicken tamales, black beans and rice
Italian- Added Sweet Italian Chicken sausage. Served over Basmati Rice
Chicken Dish- added diced sweet potato and spinach leaves, served sauteed with Rotesserie chicken 
Pasta- Added New potatoes, served with grilled chicken over GF noodles

Spices on hand for seasoning: Freeze dried Cilantro, Basil, Garlic, Parsley, Oreganio, Nutritional Yeast and Season all. 

Have a great week!  Let us know how your kits are going. I love feedback just to know if this blog is helpful.  

-Janice

3 comments:

  1. very helpful i like how you added differnt food to your kits thanks. did the kits for about two weeks. we are loving it. my husband lost 11 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's pretty cool! Weight loss is an added benefit. My family is still losing as well. I am 30+ lbs now and still medication free. An added bonus is that the food tastes great! Glad you have found success!

    The food variation, is the produce that is on sale. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice. This is an awesome idea. I am going to have to try this. We love stir fry, but I hate how time consuming chopping all the veggies are. What a great idea to do all the prep on the weekends to make it a quick meal during the week. Please continue with your meal ideas. They are really helpful!

    ReplyDelete